Condusiv Technologies Blog

Condusiv Technologies Blog

Blogging @Condusiv

The Condusiv blog shares insight into the issues surrounding system and application performance—and how I/O optimization software is breaking new ground in solving those issues.

Undelete for Windows Home Server update

by Michael 9. March 2009 10:13

We're planning to release Undelete HomeServer edition in mid to late April. It will be specifically made for the Windows Home Server (WHS) operating system.

The price will probably be around $59 and include an Undelete license for WHS and also 10 Undelete Desktop Client licenses for your home-network PCs/laptops. Installing the Desktop Client on PCs provides you connectivity to the Undelete product on the Home Server so you can view and recover files remotely.

I've been using Undelete on my WHS system for over a year (the standard Undelete Server product works on WHS but is too pricey for home use at $499). To release the product for WHS we need to offer a better installation, documentation, and make minor adjustments to a few features.

You can read a review about using Undelete on WHS here.

Tags:

General

Comments (16) -

4/29/2009 12:34:37 PM #

Any update on when Undelete for WHS will be released?  Very keen to start using Smile

mark Australia

5/31/2009 1:56:03 AM #

No set date, but feel free to email me at PM@diskeeper.com if you have questions.

michael United States

7/5/2009 6:26:43 PM #

I have used Undelete Server on my networks for a long time and find it invaluable.  Now that I have WHS at home, I really need that same level of comfort.   I'll check out the beta tester link shortly but wanted to let you know that I'm waiting patiently.

Thanks
-Randy-

P.S.  Are you done yet?  Smile

Randy Canada

7/8/2009 1:04:32 PM #

can this be used on a laptop installation as well.

Wills Australia

7/25/2009 1:08:36 PM #

I've been using Undelete Server in my corporate environment for a long time and find it invaluable.  I too am looking to add that functionality to my Windows Home Server.   Is there a status update on this product?

Thanks
-Randy-

Randy Canada

7/27/2009 7:58:34 PM #

It can be used on a laptop, but you're better off jsut getting Undelete Home as it is available now, and will be cheaper (Home edition is $29.95).

michael

9/24/2009 8:33:18 PM #

Any news for that product for WHS ??? It was planned for April and still notjing. WE NEED IT. This is the best "undelete" program that I used. Please release it Smile

Patrick Switzerland

9/27/2009 2:53:46 AM #

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the nudge. We've just got a full project plate. I wish I was more optimistic, but I'd be hard pressed to see this product release this year. I'll see if we can get it out before the Holiday season.

michael

9/28/2009 6:08:58 AM #

any update on this one? is it available now for purchase? I want to use Undelete for Windows Home Server, please let me know more information if its available, I am really looking forward for this.

launceston laptops United States

9/30/2009 12:22:50 PM #

Thank you for the answer, Michael.

In fact, the best would be a bundle Diskeeper/Undelete for WHS. This would perfectly close the missing features of WHS, and "kill" a little more the competition (that do not offer "undelete" type of software for WHS) Wink

Patrick

9/30/2009 12:24:18 PM #

Great idea!

Michael

10/31/2009 2:16:36 PM #

Any update ? We are really waiting for this one. Thank you.

Patrick Switzerland

11/2/2009 2:22:45 PM #

Sorry, nothing to report as yet.

michael United States

11/15/2009 4:57:24 PM #

I am wondering if it is the 10 desktop licenses that are holding things up as undelete does not support Windows 7 yet and this would need to be sorted? After all as you stated in March only a few small changes would have to be made to get Undelete working on WHS

Just to say that I am not interested in these only the WHS version itself.

Agree on the bundle....

Trying to wait patiently, Will

William United Kingdom

12/25/2009 8:29:31 AM #

I've recently "downsized" my server from full Server 2003 x64 to Windows Home Server.

I already have Diskeeper Server and Undelete Server licenses that are now unused...

Is there any guidance you can provide to get Diskeeper Server (not HomeServer) and Undelete Server running on WHS, or do I really need to get a Diskeeper HomeServer license and wait for Undelete HomeServer?

Thanks and wishes for happy 2010!

Brandon United States

12/26/2009 5:47:45 PM #

Hi Brandon,

Best wishes to you in 2010 as well!

Any full Windows server edition of Diskeeper or Undelete will install and work fine on Windows Home Server. Keep in mind that the full blown server product from us will not follow the recommended installation design of WHS (you will need to remote desktop in to WHS), nor plug in to the WHS management console.

Michael United States